Insert images, PDF files, videos and other objects
The following objects can be inserted in your CMS pages and in your product descriptions.
Please read the previous section carefully so that you are familiar with the operation of the CMS.
Photos, images and logos
Click on the upload icon to insert an image.
- A popup is displayed, click Browse to select an image on your computer
- Click Upload
- Now click on the image in the list to insert it
- Add a description (ALT-text) to the image in the popup that is showed
Big images (> 200Kb) will make your website considerably slower. Small images load much faster. After the upload you can shrink the image using the image editor.
When uploading an image to our servers, the image will be checked for errors and be resized for optimal display on the web. Unfortunately this procedure breaks GIF animations.
There is a solution: you can upload the GIF animations to an external server or image hosting, for example ImageShack. After uploading you can copy and paste the HTML code. (see description below about inserting HTML codes)
Inserting a banner or button
- Click Insert > Banner
Optionally, you can select to open a new browser window when your visitor clicks on the banner.
Inserting an email address with hyperlink
You can add an e-mail address or hyperlink where visitors can click on, so their email client opens immediately with the e-mail address already filled.
- Click Insert > Email Address
It is not recommended to use this form of publishing an email address. Preferably use the contact page, it has a built-in contact form with spam protection. An email address on a website will receive a lot of spam mail after some time.
Uploading a PDF file or catalog
Click the upload icon to insert a PDF file or catalog.
- A popup appears, click Browse to select the file on your computer
- Click Upload to upload the file to the server
- Now select the file in the list and click Insert to insert it in the editor
It is not allowed to upload illegal software or infected files. When abuse is detected, your shop will be deactivated immediately.
Inserting a Facebook "Like Button" or social plugin
- Click Insert and choose the desired social plugin
Inserting an MP3 file
You can insert MP3 or OGG files, for example in your product descriptions. It is not allowed to upload illegal files, infected files or files that are protected by a copyright.
- Click Insert and choose MP3/OGG
Inserting a video or movie
- Click Insert and choose YouTube video
- Enter the URL (copy from address bar) of your YouTube video
Inserting a print button
- Click Insert and choose Print
Inserting a map with self-chosen POI
You can insert a personalized map with points of interests. (POIs)
- A map with locations for pickup points
- A map with locations of your stores
A map is automatically inserted on your info page when the Display company info or personal data on the website is active at shop settings. You do not need to follow these steps if this map is sufficient for you.
- Create a personal map in Google Maps
- Copy the URL of Google Maps
- Click Insert > Google show map at EasyWebshop and enter the URL of your Google Map
Inserting a web form
On the contact page there is a web form with spam protection. Messages sent with this form will be sent to your email address.
For additional web forms you can use these websites:
Inserting a forum
EasyWebshop is shopping cart software. By default there is no forum included. If you want one, you can create the forum externally. You can then create a hyperlink to the forum or integrate the forum using an iframe.
For a free forum:
Inserting a blog and RSS feed
Inserting a chatbox or shoutbox
Use our live chat for this.
Inserting a photo gallery
There is no photo gallery in our shopping cart software available.
- You can use the slideshow for this
- You can fill a page with products without price and purchase button, and use this as a photo gallery
- Or you can insert an external photo gallery script on a new page
Inserting a border
If you want to place a border around a text, click Insert > Border.
You can set the border size, the color and the background color.
Inserting an additional visitor counter
EasyWebshop has the Easy Analytics application that you can find at Dashboard > Visitor analysis.
You can also install an additional visitor counter.
Inserting background music
We don't recommend using background music. A lot of your visitors will be irritated by background music that starts automatically. It is even one of the "Bad design practices" for websites.
For this reason it is not included in our software. However, it is possible and quite easy. Search for "music on website" in your favorite search engine for a tutorial.
Inserting a live webcam
EasyWebshop has no built-in webcam module. You need external software and web hosting for this. Live streaming is not so easy, we advise you to contact a specialist for this.
Inserting a HTML code
You can always insert HTML code in CMS. Click the Edit HTML icon or Insert > Edit HTML. Then paste the code into the desired location.
Next page: Editing images and applying watermarks >>>