Invoices and Terms & Conditions
After receiving an order, you can issue an invoice and automatically e-mail it to your customer. It is important that your invoice settings are set correctly before sending invoices.
Invoice settings can be found at Settings > Invoices. In the section order management, you can find real invoices and/or send them to your customers.
If Invoices is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user level to Advanced, at Settings > User experience level.
- Invoice number prefix
- This is a fixed prefix that comes before the invoice number.
- Invoice number
- The starting number of your invoices. When downloading an invoice, this number increases.
- Upload your invoice logo. Provide a logo that is not larger than 0.5 Megabytes, with an extension .jpg. Click the [Example invoice] link to see an example.
- Invoice heading
- The text you enter here will be displayed on top of the invoice. In this field, you can put your address, phone numbers, VAT numbers and other business information that should be on top of the invoice.
- Here you can set whether the prices in your shop are offered including or excluding VAT. Set this only once. Changing this setting is very confusing for your customers. In addition, invoices from previous orders will be miscalculated because these orders have been made with another tax calculation method.
- VAT Rate
- You can set up to three tax rates here. For example for Belgium: 21%, 12% and 6%, for the Netherlands 21%.
- Do not charge VAT outside Europe (EEA)
- Check this option if you do not want that VAT is charged for orders outside of Europe.
- Do not charge VAT for foreign EU-companies (EEA)
- This allows you to ensure that VAT is 0% for B2B orders from another European country. For example if a Swedish company sells a product to a Danish company, or vice versa. Your customers need a valid VAT number for this.
- Due date
- The number of days before the invoice must be paid. The default is 0. (Online orders are usually paid in advance)
- Terms and conditions
- A second page with your terms and conditions is included with your invoice. These terms and conditions can be set here.
- B2B / B2C
B2B + B2C: when ordering, customers can choose between Private or Business. This is the default setting.
B2B: When ordering, your customers have to enter a company name and a valid VAT number.
B2C: your customers can not enter a company name or VAT number. Product prices excluding VAT are not displayed in your shop.
All our invoices are generated automatically in the default PDF format. You can open a PDF file with a PDF reader.
When you are done entering the invoice settings, check the example invoice. You can also make a test order in your own shop and download the invoice through order management. Making some test orders is highly recommended, so you can optimize the operation of your shop.
Invoices receive automatically a new and unique invoice number, following on the highest existing invoice number. The assignment of the new invoice number occurs on the moment of downloading or sending the invoice.
When downloading an invoice, you can change the invoice number. The next invoice number will start from your latest given invoice number. This way, it's possible to skip the invoice numbers of orders from outside your shop. This allows you to choose exactly which number is given to each invoice.
We advise you to let the system assign invoice numbers automatically. This way, double invoice numbers will never occur.
Multilingual terms and conditions
Terms and conditions can be set in multiple languages at Settings > Modules > Terms and conditions.
If Terms and conditions is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user level to Advanced, at Settings > User experience level.
Terms and conditions can be found:
- At the bottom "Terms and conditions" link on your site, with a possibility to print
- The customer must accept the terms and conditions in the last step of the order
- On the second page included with your invoices
Next page: Setting shipping costs >>>