Setting shipping costs
There are various possibilities to get your products to your customers. Your customers can pick them up themselves, you deliver the products to your customers, or you use a courier service.
The shipping costs can be calculated in the prices of your products, but you can also set separate shipping costs. The shipping cost is determined by four parameters:
- The total weight of the shopping cart
- The destination country
- The destination city, province or geographic region
- The shipping method or courier service used
You can set shipping costs at Settings > Shipping costs.
If Shipping costs is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user level to Advanced, at Settings > User experience level.
Adding shipping costs
You can enter multiple shipping costs, for example: several weight classes, several countries or geographical regions, and for multiple shipping methods.
- Worldwide: a shipping cost for shipping anywhere in the world. (International shipping) If the shipping cost is not worldwide, the customer can only choose from a selection of added countries.
Country: a shipping cost for the selected country.
- Zip code
- You can set a separate shipping cost per city. This can be useful if you provide free shipping to your customers close by. Enter the zip code here. This field is only visible when there is a country added for the zip code.
- Shipping Method
- Select the shipping method or courier. You can also set up to five collection points.
- For example: fill in the address of a collection point.
- Choose whether you want to enter the weight in Kilograms or in Grams. By default the weights are always displayed in the SI base unit Kilogram.
- Weight: Min
- The minimum weight for the shipping cost, standard 0.
- Weight: Max
- The maximum weight for the shipping cost. If there's no maximum, fill in 100000. (Unless you are planning to sell mountains)
- The price or the rate of shipping costs. By default example prices are filled, do not forget to change these to your own shipping costs.
For the option Pickup in the store it's better to set the price to 0.
Click Save to add the shipping costs. Repeat this procedure to add several countries, multiple shipping methods or weight classes. You may use the same rates as your courier, or you can set your own rates.
When weights overlap, the lowest shipping cost is shown in your shop.
Always test if everything goes well by making a test order.
You can delete test orders through Management > Orders.
You can set a separate shipping cost for a region or province. In the application, a number of regions are preprogrammed, so you do not have to enter all zip codes manually. Please enter the following regions exactly as they are shown here in the City field.
Provinces in Belgium
Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest, Provincie Waals-Brabant, Provincie Vlaams-Brabant, Provincie Antwerpen, Provincie Limburg, Provincie Luik, Provincie Namen, Provincie Henegouwen, Provincie Luxemburg, Provincie West-Vlaanderen, Provincie Oost-Vlaanderen.
Departments in France
Ain, Aisne, Allier, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Hautes-Alpes, Alpes-Maritimes, Ardèche, Ardennes, Ariège, Aube, Aude, Aveyron, Bouches-du-Rhône, Calvados, Cantal, Charente, Charente-Maritime, Cher, Corrèze, Corse-du-Sud, Haute-Corse, Côte-d'Or, Côtes-d'Armor, Creuse, Dordogne, Doubs, Drôme, Eure, Eure-et-Loir, Finistère, Gard, Haute-Garonne, Gers, Gironde, Hérault, Ille-et-Vilaine, Indre, Indre-et-Loire, Isère, Jura, Landes, Loir-et-Cher, Loire, Haute-Loire, Loire-Atlantique, Loiret, Lot, Lot-et-Garonne, Lozère, Maine-et-Loire, Manche, Marne, Haute-Marne, Mayenne, Meurthe-et-Moselle, Meuse, Morbihan, Moselle, Nièvre, Nord, Oise, Orne, Pas-de-Calais, Puy-de-Dôme, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Hautes-Pyrénées, Pyrénées-Orientales, Bas-Rhin, Haut-Rhin, Rhône, Lyon Metropolis, Haute-Saône, Saône-et-Loire, Sarthe, Savoie, Haute-Savoie, Paris, Seine-Maritime, Seine-et-Marne, Yvelines, Deux-Sèvres, Somme, Tarn, Tarn-et-Garonne, Var, Vaucluse, Vendée, Vienne, Haute-Vienne, Vosges, Yonne, Territoire de Belfort, Essonne, Hauts-de-Seine, Seine-Saint-Denis, Val-de-Marne, Val-d'Oise, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane, La Réunion, Mayotte
Regions in Spain
Editing or deleting a shipping cost
After adding shipping costs, you will see a list of all the shipping costs you defined.
With the edit and delete icons you can change the shipping costs or delete them. If shipping costs are set for zip codes within a country, then these will be automatically removed when removing the country from the shipping costs.
You can install apps of delivery services in your shop. For example, your customer can choose a collection point or a package machine location at the checkout.
- First set your shipping methods and shipping costs
- Download the desired app at AppWebshop.com
- Install the app in your shop
- Connect the desired shipping method(s) to the delivery service
Free shipping discounts
With the module discounts and surcharges you can offer free shipping in case of predefined conditions or for a combination of conditions.
- Free shipping if a customer purchases € 50 or more
- Free shipping in Sweden if the customer buys at least 3 products
- Free shipping for customers in the "Premium customers" group
- My customer can't choose a shipping method
This can happen if certain conditions have to be met before the customer can see the shipping method. For example, the customer must first select the country or enter his or her zip code before the software can display the available shipping methods.
Also, make sure there is a shipping cost set for the total weight of the shopping cart.
- I received an order, but the shipping costs were calculated incorrectly
- Usually a shipping cost rule is set incorrectly. Make the exact same test order in your shop and watch how the shipping costs are calculated. Check in the management interface which setting is applicable and correct if necessary.
Next page: Discounts and surcharges >>>